Here’s the thing: We have a disagreement in our house. It’s to do with the master bedroom wardrobe (or closet). We are trying to decide whether to work with the current built-in version, or replace it with something freestanding. I will do my best to present each side of the case in an unbiased way, to allow you to make your own choice. We’re going to the polls! Are you ready?!
Exhibit A (on the left): One pale apricot painted built in closet
– Likely the cheaper option to work with it
– A built in wardrobe can help to sell a house
– Lacking in style
– Prevents (future) curtain hanging freely as it butts right up to the window
– Restricted depth (due to window) means hanging clothes are pretty tight inside
Exhibit B (example, on the right): One beaten up freestanding wardrobe or closet – either one large to share or one each side by side*
– Can style it up with mismatched but complementary his and hers wardrobes
– Allows curtain to hang properly, with breathing space between closet and window
– Potentially more expensive
– Even narrower storage than current built-in
– May be detrimental to house sale price (when the time comes) even if wardrobe(s) are included in the chattels
*Not so pretty picture of a freestanding option so as to keep this a fair fight
Either way, some vision is required for this task – as awesome as can be built in? Or as awesome as can be freestanding? What do you think? I’d love some help with solving our disagreement!
The polls are open:
Thank you. Please feel free to comment also, if you have anything further to contibute to this argument!